[MLB-WIRELESS] IP address range for Geelong?

dwayne dwayne at pobox.com
Wed Feb 13 00:35:52 EST 2002

Simon J Mudd wrote:

> I'd like to back you up on this Adrian because I think most people
> tend to think of these wireless networks as small local things.  And
> that's fine.  However there's no problem making the network scalable,
> if that should be required at a later stage.

Well, yeah, and some of us have been discussing transnational community
microwave backbones and stuff for a while now. Once there is sufficient
interest, which means sufficient people, *who knows* what sort of stuff we
will find being done.  There's also lots of people doing *really weird stuff*
who tend to float in when enough people become aware of a project.

I've been reading for a very long time complaints by people in the country
about their communications options, especially farmers who run businesses on
the land and require both timely information and communications. So we might
find a bit of interest further out than melbourne. At which point, who knows
how far it can go?

Do people actually think of this as a small local thing?  I don't, but I guess
some people might.

Dwayne