[MLB-WIRELESS] Proposal: melbwireless-announce at wireless.org.au

Adrian Close adrian at close.wattle.id.au
Tue Feb 12 22:28:21 EST 2002

Guys,

A suggestion if I may.

Some of us like to discuss stuff on mailing lists.

Others seem to expect mailing lists to contain only the content that they
themselves want to read (which is pretty difficult, given that wireless
networking is a big topic and we all have different areas of interest
within that).

And some people find the overall message load difficult to deal with (I
know I do, but I stay on the list for the stuff that is interesting to
me).

Wikis, newsgroups, IRC and web boards don't do it for me, sorry.

So, perhaps we could create a guaranteed low-volume "announce" list for
those messages deemed eventful enough to warrant a formal announcement.

People that just want to stay in touch with the group can stay on the
"announce" list only.

Those who want to talk in-depth can use the existing list.

(And we might even need another list for those "funny" one-line replies.

Adrian.

P.S.  Would it be too much to ask people to not quote entire messages back
when replying?  Just snip it to the relevant content for the bit you want
to discuss, OK?