[MLB-WIRELESS] IP address range for Geelong?

Adrian Close adrian at close.wattle.id.au
Tue Feb 12 22:11:33 EST 2002

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Luke Schapel wrote:

> Why is this group so intent on global addressing!

Because what we are building is going to be part of the Internet (big I)
regardless of what people might think.

Read this and note it well:  Connect a network to the Internet and it
becomes part of the Internet.

A large part of what makes the Internet work is global integrity in things
like addressing and DNS.  Mess with this and you threaten the stability
and usability of the network as a whole.  Hacks like RFC1918 and NAT
simply keep us going while we figure out the right engineering solutions.

Start thinking of the Internet as "the network" and you're on the right
track.

I'm not joking.

Adrian Close			email:	adrian at close.wattle.id.au
1 Old Gippsland Rd.		web:	http://www.close.wattle.id.au/~adrian
Lilydale, VIC, 3140, Australia	mobile:	+61 412 385 201