[MLB-WIRELESS] IP address range for Geelong?

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Tue Feb 12 19:33:48 EST 2002

ABBENHUYS, Ryan writes:

ABBENHUYS> Perhaps we should add an IP alloction table sort of
ABBENHUYS> page to the Melbwireless website.

Hi Guys and greetings from Spain!

I've just joined this list recently but I think it may be worth
pointing out that other groups worldwide are doing the same thing as
you guys.

There is a small list of "global" allocations at the following URL.

http://www.freenetworks.org/moin/index.cgi/NetworkAddressAllocations

Whatever range you or anyone else on this list chooses it would
perhaps be a good idea to register them there so that you avoid
duplicates with another group.

This allows you "at some later stage" to link up (probably not by
radio!) to other groups around the world. If you have an ip address
conflict it'll be much harder to do this.

Finally I'd just like to plug a draft version of a document I've been
writing which talks about this and other things:

http://www.pobox.com/~sjmudd/wireless/english/

Regards,

Simon
--
Simon J Mudd,   Tel: +34-91-408 4878,  Mobile: +34-605-085 219
Madrid, Spain.  email: sjmudd at pobox.com,  Postfix RPM Packager