[MLB-WIRELESS] Cheap Waveguide antenna for Access Points

Jason Hecker jason at air.net.au
Fri Feb 1 17:47:37 EST 2002

>Excuse my ignorance but with the helicals  what is CP? and does a left hand
>spiral or a right hand spiral have any influence?

CP be Circular Polarisation.  Left and right hand polarisation doesn't
matter with linear antennas, but only with respect to each other.  With
circularly polarised antennas, you must get the handedness the same for both.

>What polarisation will most people in this net opt for?

For linear antennas, horizontal polarisation should be the norm.  But oh
bugger, the slotted waveguide is horizontally polarised and most omni's are
vertically polarised.  Conumdrum!  See, if everyone used left handed
helicals then this wouldn't be a problem.  ;)

If you have an access point, just advertise which side of the fence you sit
on so the punters can orientate their Galaxy aerials and Milo tins properly.