[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: [WG-Routing] IP allocation questions / help

James Healy jimmy at deefa.com
Mon Dec 23 06:22:10 EST 2002

Think of it like the internet.

ISPs/companies/geeks are able to pay/request/lease a globally routable
IP space, and what they do with them, or how they setup their network
it is up to them - provided you dont do anything that screws with
other peoples settings or traffic.

Same thing applies for MelbWireless. We have a system where you can
request unique IP(s) for yourself, and do with them what you will.

What we now need is some sort of robust system/guidelines to make sure
we only assign IPs to people that need them. hell... i wrote the
bloody software that hands em out, and requested a 10.10 block
straight away... but once i thought about, i realised i have no need
for one, so i plan to drop and and make it available for someone
else...

I'm open to suggestions...

James