[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: [WG-Routing] IP allocation questions / help

Matt Pearce mattpearce at optusnet.com.au
Sun Dec 22 15:16:23 EST 2002

I would personally like to steer well clear of anthing that comes close to
NAT, NAT is a sheer pain in the neck and trying to configure other services
to make up for lack of end to end connectivity is proving to be rather a
nightmare in itself (read I am currently trying to get MSN messenger fully
functional with NAT and socks5 proxy).  Although I am no expert on these
matters I am starting to really look hard at the viability of getting IPv6
running here although from what I have seen it presently wont fix some of
the problems I have until it is adopted on a much larger scale.

Just my 2 cents plus a little more.

Matt.