[MLB-WIRELESS] [TIB] A new offer has been added to TIB - 11/1 2/2002

evilbunny evilbunny at sydneywireless.com
Fri Dec 13 11:44:44 EST 2002

Hello paul,

pvdb> I have mentioned befor that I have a pair of old WaveLAN cards (650mW - 2Mb/s)
pvdb> that even with 15 m of loss will still exceed 4mW with about an 8 - 10 dBi
pvdb> omni.  The cards have a nominal range of 35 km, which has got to break some
pvdb> rules, surely....

Erm... 4W... and technically no...

pvdb> WHat I would really like to do is sent the Rx to the Omni and have the Tx come
pvdb> in on a 24dBi conifer... and the same setup at the other end.  this way I
pvdb> will have a true duplex (4Mb/s) low noise, high sensitivity long distance
pvdb> short-cut link (likely at this stage to a friends place in the Dandenongs...
pvdb> we shall see. I am sure I will get some offers...)

I think you have this back the front (RX = Recieve, TX = Transmit),
Splitting the system, won't make it full duplex, you can get the
lucent dual nic AP's run karlnet firmware and that will operate at
full duplex, as it puts the cards on 2 separate channels...

pvdb> Does anyone have any idea how to do this?  The only way I can see easily is to
pvdb> use 4 cards and I only have 2 (fine for my end, but these are not your common
pvdb> wireless card and run the older proprietry standard 802.11)

2 11mbit cards and 24dBi dishes should do 35km no problems, 80km+ links
aren't unheard of, just difficult to line up etc...

and be legal...

--
Best regards,
 evilbunny                            mailto:evilbunny at sydneywireless.com

URA Redneck if: Your wife's best shoes have steel toes