[MLB-WIRELESS] Missing popups in Opera solved

hedley_finger at myob.com.au hedley_finger at myob.com.au
Fri Dec 6 10:13:55 EST 2002

James:

I have solved the problem of why the Automatic and Manual links don't work
in the node editing page.  Like many people, I am fed up with gratuitous
popunder, popout, popover advertisements that bombard you at certain sites,
e.g. Yahoo!  So I had disabled server-side popups (read ASP, PHP,
server-side JavaScript) in Opera, but this still allowed legitimate
client-side popups when clicking on links (read client-side JavaScript).

Unfortunately, since PHP is entirely server-side, when I clicked on either
the Automatic or Manual links, there was a brief flash of the window, then
Opera killed it.  Guess I'll have to put up with the popunders, etc. ... or
you will have to put up with client-side JavaScript on those two links.
8^)

I'll add a FAQ to the Wiki in case someone else can't get those links to
work and doesn't understand why.

Regards,
Hedley

--
Hedley Finger
    User documentation and technical writing