[MLB-WIRELESS] Expressions of interest

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Fri Dec 6 09:38:29 EST 2002

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 04:41:52PM +1100, evilbunny wrote:
>   Since we can't seem to easily obtain decent mapping data, we're
>   planning to actually create our own...
>
>   The data will be fairly basic vector type layers that can be munched
>   into something meaningful...

there's a lot of free GIS data at the Geoscience Australia web site it's
not "free" as in Free Software, but the license terms are quite
reasonable.

http://www.auslig.gov.au/download/

(you have to register to get a login & password).

i've already downloaded the "Free Global Map Data Australia 1M 2001"
collection and will start looking around for free GIS software to work
with it.  i'm not sure whether this will be any use yet because i think
that the 1M refers to 1:1000000 scale.  i suspect we'll need 1:100000 or
better to be any use.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>