[MLB-WIRELESS] Re:Question on Slot position on no standard AL tube

Perryman @cyberVoip Private Box vdpman at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 23 22:09:43 EST 2002

Hi Steve and Gang,
We are trying to construct some Slot style antenna  using Trevor Marshall
design. We do not have the USA standard dimension Aluminum of 2"x4"x1/8"
here in East Africa. Nor do we have the Metric standard 100 mm x 50 mm or
the Indian standard which Trevor gave alternative slot and dimensions for in
his instructions,
We have written Trevor Marshall to no avail, we are confused by the great
difference of the positioning when using the calculator supply by Steven
Bell and have no idea of where to place the RF input.
We have in this region Aluminum tubing with OD 99.6 mm x48.5 mm and we have
cut our tubes to Trevor American/ Metric standard of 1485 mm...the inside
diameter is 95.4 x 44.6mm.
One other question, we want to cover our shot with Microwave transparent
glass, can this in any way affect performance?
 Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Virgil