[MLB-WIRELESS] Why the big price difference on PCMCIA 802.11b cards?

Jrosinger Wireless jrosingerwireless at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 16 12:07:58 EST 2002

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a PCMCIA 802.11b card. I have looked at the TIB
and saw the Enterasys/Roamabout cards for $60. Everywhere I went for
retail prices, PCMCIA 802.11b adaptors cost around $140.
Why the huge difference in prices? It can't be just the fact that
the Enterasys/Roamabout are bulk priced. Am I missing something?

How would you go about comparing these PCMCIA 802.11b adaptors?

Cheers,

Joshua