[MLB-WIRELESS] Orinoco_cs please help

Mikel home email faktor at sunitafe.edu.au
Mon Aug 12 10:29:38 EST 2002

 I have a Enterasys flashed to 8.10 firmware and using orinoc_cs drivers
that come with my standard RH7.3 however I get heaps of tx excessive
retries.  The link still works but iwconfig shows the errors happening
every few seconds.  My friend on the other side of our link has WL210 (he
is using wavlan_cs) card it shows no errors maybe I should put my Wl210
back in.  I was hopping to use the Enterasys cards so would love to
trouble shoot them.  Maybe I should try a later orinoco_cs other than what
RH7.3 standard installation provides.  Can anyone tell me the latest
version of orinoco_cs and where to download it.  Also if you have any
ideas how to fix the tx retries errors.  We are using a cisco br500e
(10dbi Omni) as a central AP as we don't have LOS (and using 25 dbi
directional on our clients).  Signal is not the problem or noise they are
both strong have confirmed this with julesf and other users on your mirc
channel.  I hope someone can help out a little as I would like to use the
enterasys cards.
Thanks.

--
This email was sent using w3mail.

This footnote confirms this email has been checked for the presence of viruses
however our liability is limited to the resupply of attachments only.

Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender,
and not necessarily those of Sunraysia Institute of TAFE.