[MLB-WIRELESS] Need help Orinoco_cs

Mikel Pretty mpretty at sunitafe.edu.au
Mon Aug 12 10:16:57 EST 2002

I have a Enterasys flashed to 8.10 firmware and using orinoc_cs drivers that
come with my standard RH7.3 however I get heaps of tx excessive retries.
The link still works but iwconfig shows the errors happening every few
seconds.  My friend on the other side of our link has WL210 (he is using
wavlan_cs) card it shows no errors maybe I should put my Wl210 back in.  I
was hopping to use the Enterasys cards so would love to trouble shoot them.
Maybe I should try a later orinoco_cs other than what RH7.3 standard
installation provides.  Can anyone tell me the latest version of orinoco_cs
and where to download it.  Also if you have any ideas how to fix the tx
retries errors.  We are using a cisco br500e (10dbi Omni) as a central AP as
we don't have LOS (and using 25 dbi directional on our clients).  Signal is
not the problem or noise they are both strong have confirmed this with
julesf and other users on your mirc channel.  I hope someone can help out a
little as I would like to use the enterasys cards.
Thanks.

Sunraysia Institute of Tafe
Service Officer
Mikel Pretty
Email: mpretty at sunitafe.edu.au
Phone: (03) 50223655
Mobile: 0408055017

This footnote confirms this email has been checked for the presence of viruses
however our liability is limited to the resupply of attachments only.

Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender,
and not necessarily those of Sunraysia Institute of TAFE.