[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless ISP's - APC

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Thu Aug 8 08:10:24 EST 2002

> I only spoke up when Jamie falsely claimed you don't charge
> for access,
> simple as that, no need for the completely off topic rant below.

That's purely a semantic argument, from what I understand. AWA do not have
access fees, but you do have to be a member to access the network.  However,
it was presented in an ambiguous way.  Probably a bettwe way would have
been.

"You have to be a member to access the network.  However, no other fees
besides membership are required for network access".

Either way, that's how AWA are doing it, and good luck to them.  Time will
tell which models will work in the long run, and it may also come down to
how the Telecommunications Act (1997) is interpreted and applied in practice
to community networks (some interpretations may see MW requiring people to
be a member before allowing network access, to keep legal).

---
Outgoing mail ihas been scanned for Viruses

This correspondence is for the named person’s use only. It may contain