[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless 'cloud' may offer silver lining Or isit just 'pie-in-the-sky' technology?

Radio Tech radio at dodo.com.au
Sat Aug 3 07:21:53 EST 2002

At 07:39 PM 8/2/02 +0000, vortex wrote:
>On Friday 02 August 2002 12:04 pm, Radio Tech wrote:
>
>> I have decided to play 802.11 as a hobby with people who want to experiment
>> and have fun doing it......I don't feel like an all out war against other
>> ISM band users. As for 1kW on the ATV gear.....good luck to VK3JED.....IF
>> he wipes out the ISM band....its only a matter of time before he gets a
>> visit. Read the ACA regs about "knowingly causing interference" on ANY band
>> :-) As one of the committee of Melb Wireless I thought you would have a
>> more responsible attitude towards bettering the image of 802.11 and all the
>> users. I was looking at setting up an AP at the Melb Convention Centre in
>> October at the Austronics 2002 Exhibition......give me ONE good reason why
>> I should now bother?
>
>because you shouldn't judge the activities of the hundreds of network
>activists globally through one post to MW.
>
>shine,
>
>.vortex

Maybe you are right, but since the post was made by a prominent committee
member of an organisation representing the 802.11 community in general.
Not to mention, the ACA is on this list too.........
Yes, I don't mind a laugh or two either.....but one needs to be very careful
in the choice of words in a public forum, particularly when there are
sensitive
subjects to consider....like my foobar about Internet Access :-)

Jack
Rockhampton