[MLB-WIRELESS] connecting

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Thu Aug 1 19:22:40 EST 2002

You can often source cheap parts through people in the group running Bulk
purchases. check out http://www.wireless.org.au/tib/

While galaxies are directional antennas, there are other types which can
send out a signal over say 90 degrees, 180, 360, etc.  You could use that
style to connect to several people through the one card.

There's not many AP's up and running yet, most people are just getting
started setting up directional links to other people.  When enough people
are around an area they can band together to setup an AP at one of the
nodes.
So you're best to see who's near you that you have LOS to, and email them
and see if they want to link direct to you as a start.

Make sure you add yourself into the Node databases as well as look.  That
way people can contact you too.