[MLB-WIRELESS] short wireless security new blerb.

Adrian Close adrian at close.wattle.id.au
Thu Apr 4 16:23:54 EST 2002

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Justin wrote:

> A bit of a boring read, apart from a few things mentioned at the end about
> using a sniffer to obtain a static IP and get onto a network and thus making

Wow.  So using a packet sniffer is "demonstrating malice".  I hope that
was just some editorialising on the part of the writer and not the guy
from Netsec, 'cause the latter should know better.

If you don't want people to know something, don't broadcast it in the
clear!  Argh!  (Or at least if you do, know what you're doing - curious
people should think about "wheat and chaff".)

I can see some situations where _acting_ on information you find might be
at least questionable or pose a moral dilemma, but that's about it.

Simply _knowing_ something can't be a crime, right?  Or is thought crime a
indictable offence thesedays?

Adrian (who is clearly a criminal with malicious intent).