[MLB-WIRELESS] Omni antenna's

vortex vortex at free2air.net
Wed Apr 3 05:15:31 EST 2002

raylab from free2air recently attempted a collinear omni design from

http://205.159.169.11/reference/antennas/2ghz_collinear_omni/

it's a reasonable effort to build - it took a day or two.

(in comparison to helicals which we have down to a few hours now)

unfortunately, for reasons we don't know (yet), our first attempt was pretty
well useless, with unreliable gain and sometimes loss!

we'll try again, but be warned - it may be more difficult than you first
think.

in the process of sourcing an etching bath to experiment further with 2-D
etched designs (useful to test designs for splitters, some sectors, and yagi
style antennas).

.vortex