[MLB-WIRELESS] Roaming node?

Richard Nelson richard.nelson at eng.monash.edu.au
Tue Sep 25 11:50:42 EST 2001

Oh, yes, of course there needs to be connectivity and as you say higher
speed is always better.  I guess I just am not sure why you need it to
be a VPN rather than a general internet connection.  My other point is
that it is not the link between one access point and the next one that
you roam to that is important, rather the performance is set by the link
between the roaming point and your home network.  So instead of needing
to have direct links from one AP to the next, it should work Ok if you
have each AP connected to a cable modem or ADSL for instance

These are pretty minor points I guess.  Mostly I agree with you.  If we
could set up wide area mobile IP coverage it would be pretty cool.  A
suburban area that you could wander round with continuous coverage!

Richard.