[MLB-WIRELESS] more important issues <aka: guerilla radio is byninjas, for ninjas. Worked for global IP's development!>

Joseph Sirucka jsirucka at dodgyware.com
Tue Oct 30 00:00:42 EST 2001

Nick

The council of yarra ranges it really not interested funding IT since it would have to be publically accessable
for all (an issue with bandwidth sharing and a license then as a carrier). There more into art or the common
denominator. As for putting access points on high structures that are council property or in there control
(influence), they will gladly help you, in that area.

A few friends and I in the yarra ranges are trying to setup access points on high structures and we seem to
have a very receptive response from the shire. They won't provide any funding, and we haven't seen there list
of requirements to be provided before a access point are allowed on any structures, e.g. insurance to cover the
access point if it does something wrong to others or property. Also letter saying the 2.4 spectrum is free to
use from a governement depeartment. You are playing with a government. They wish for all angles covered.

Joseph