[MLB-WIRELESS] IPv6 / WL200 in linux

Matthew Boyd Matthew.C.Boyd at uts.edu.au
Wed Oct 31 10:48:55 EST 2001

My 2c on the addressing debate.
I'm not really up on all the IP and DNS stuff but... for what its worth

if IP6 numbers are easy (read cheap) to get and relatively so to

administer, then I reckon they are the way to go. I'm wary about using

the reserved IP number ranges (172x,192xetc). For pretty much all the

reasons mentioned already.

While I'm here, anyone got any tips (read detailed instructions and

locations/names of downloads) for getting a WL200 operating in linux

(rh7.1). I'm stumped as to what / where config files need to be in the

wireless stuff I downloaded (not that its done anything). Can't seem to

get the thing working at all.

Perhaps we could move this mailing list discussion to a newsgroup &/or
crosspost to this and a NG for those who want to keep email. I don't
like to deal with the large amounts of email this list generates when I
go away for a few days and I'm having to use an almost defunct webmail
account just for this.

Matt

Thanks
Matt