[MLB-WIRELESS] more important issues <aka: guerilla radio is by ninjas, for ninjas. Worked for global IP's development!>

Jason Hecker jason at air.net.au
Tue Oct 30 23:20:23 EST 2001

I know some guys who are using CIPE successfully for wireless point to
point links.  It's very painless to get working.  It encapsulates all IP
traffic with encrypted UDP packets.  It's Linux oriented but there is an
NT/2K version which is a bit broken unfortunately.   It's fine for point to
point links, a la backbone.  I don't think it'll do so well with dynamic
multipoint as each end needs to be set up with static information.  I think
a version with public keys is being trialled now and might lend itself to
multipoint cum dynamic stuff.  Could be talking through my sasafras there
though...