[MLB-WIRELESS] thoughts

vak vak at alphalink.com.au
Fri Oct 26 10:40:04 EST 2001

Hi folks,

Having lurked for a few days, I thought i'd throw in my 2c worth (+gst).

At the moment, it seems that we as a group need to think about how we're
going to use this network (assuming it's finished).

We are going to have conflicting views of how the network is going to be
used - Primarily 2 views are going to come up. 1) Fee for service 2)Free
community information sharing based...

Obviously this project is in it's infancy and everyone has an idea of
how it should be. I think we should start writing down a comprehensive
list of what we want to achieve from this project.

If we do this now, it will have a 2 fold effect. 1) It will either
attract clientele or 2) Disuade clientele (spelling ?).

I think it's everyone's aim to attract people to this fantastic
project.....

Do you think it's too early to be formulating ideas of how to use this
network ?

I have a slight feeling deciding on a model now will have it's own
hinderances (Ie - not letting creativity flow) - but I do think we need
some more solid goals to work towards.

Cheers,

Vak