[MLB-WIRELESS] Orinoco card as an Access Point

Drew drish at bigpond.net.au
Thu Oct 4 22:57:01 EST 2001

actually I don't think cisco is a standard prism2, and no, you can't use a
orinoco card as an AP. from what i've read, when they're used in say, an
airport, the firmware is uploaded to the card by the AP, but I'm not sure if
you remove the card after if it retains the AP mode, but I would guess no,
or someone would be using their airport to upgrade everyone's cards already.

so basically if you cant a AP in a card, you need a prism2.