[MLB-WIRELESS] News Server

nedkelly at leary.csoft.net nedkelly at leary.csoft.net
Fri Nov 23 00:14:31 EST 2001

> I did think of this a while back, but abandoned the idea as I thought that
> there would be tooo many channels for conversation... there's already a BBS
> style thing that was active before the mailing list, but it remained hardly
> untouched... the mailing list was much more successful and favoured by the
> majority...

yeah, and it wasn't that long ago that there was no activity on this list for
ages, and now someone complains about the number of messages? aargh!

You just can't win.

I don't think a news server is such a good idea unless someone has
vast amounts of stuff to put up, but then we'd be better off with a
threaded discussion area running off a webserver.

News is okay for broadcast but this is a small, locally focussed group,
I think a webserver people can post on would be a good idea.

I'm not fussed by the chatty messages on this board, btw,
this list never struck me as a serious business-only list,
it'd be deathly dull if it were. I know how to use the 'd' key.

Actually, what would be the advantage of a news server over what
we have available now? I can't think of any.

Dwayne