[MLB-WIRELESS] DNS, DHCP, static ip...

dwayne dwayne at pobox.com
Mon Nov 19 20:51:39 EST 2001

Matthew Boyd wrote:

>Heyas,
>I read the rfc again (maybe a link from the main page would be a good
>idea?).
>Maybe we can incorporate the postcode of the suburb into the ip of each
>node?

This is a *really* good idea, you could then tell who is in your area
from their ips, which is a nifty aspect.
There is no real difficulty with doing this sort of thing is there? With
an ip number of xxx.xxx.yyy.yyy the Internet governs to some extent the
xxx.xxxx aspect  of the number, but we control the yyy.yyy bit, right?

Dwayne