[MLB-WIRELESS] 802.11 and 802.11b

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Thu Nov 15 08:25:28 EST 2001

Umm, 52 meg?  MHz or mbps?

there is 802.11a, which does 54 Mbps on 5 GHz.  The hardware is just coming
onto our market.  I suspect this is what you mean.  I suspect not very
useful for most of us, due to the relatively long paths our links will
operate over - high speed means more signal/noise ratio required.  And 5 GHz
is even fussier than 2.4

as for 52 MHz..  no, I think it would have to be 52 Mbps, as the 52 MHz
region of spectrum is broadcasting (channel 0 TV 45-52 MHz)/amateur (50-54
MHz).

Tony Langdon
Systems Development and Support
ATC Training Australasia.  Level 1 310 King St Melbourne 3000.
Phone:  1300 13 1983   WWW:  http://www.atctraining.com.au
<http://www.atctraining.com.au/>