[MLB-WIRELESS] Effective Networking

James Robertson orlock at central.warehouse.net
Wed Nov 7 17:07:27 EST 2001

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Jason Hecker wrote:

> Yo,
>
> Has any thought been given to getting a wireless network set up in such a
> way so that it's smart enough to forward route packets between systems that
> aren't adjacent to each other?  I am looking into RIPv2 (RFC2453) and GNU

<Details snipped>

One slightly dodgy way of doing this, without much screwing around is to
use bridging.

Works kinda like throwing mud around and hoping that some sticks, but once
the arp tables are updated, it works pretty well. I'm currently using
OpenBSD's bridging, from a few minor versions ago. Works fine to join a
10Base and 100Base network together.

James