[MLB-WIRELESS] Legal Assistance & group membership.

Matt Johnston mattj at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Mon Nov 5 04:31:06 EST 2001

Hi all.

Looking at the telco act of 97, it would seem that if a group is
non-commercial, then there isn't much to be concerned about possibly?:

Section 34:

(3) For the purposes of paragraph (1)(h), a network is an exempt
network if:
(a) the network is used, or for use, for the sole purpose of
supplying carriage services on a non-commercial basis;
..

The brismesh list had some similar details, check the scanned questionnaire
linked at http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~mesh/list/msg00015.html

I'd think it would be fairly clear that the network is non-commercial right?
Though I guess interconnection to other networks _might_ be a problem, I'm
not sure.

Cheers,
Matt Johnston.