[kernel-xen] Testing new initscripts.

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Sat Apr 27 00:03:20 EST 2013

Hi guys,

I've done quite a bit of work on the initscripts today for Xen - I'd
like to get some feedback before I put them in the next release.

Scripts can be downloaded here:
http://xen.crc.id.au/bugs/view.php?id=1

To install, just copy over the existing initscript in /etc/init.d

It might be a good idea to keep a copy of the existing script beforehand
in case you need to revert back.

So far, changes include:
1) Issue DomU shutdown requests in parallel and then wait for domains to
shut down. This speeds up shutdown of the Dom0 considerably.

2) Make the initscript work with both xm and xl. When xend is running,
xm will be used. If xend is not running, xl will be used. I've tested
start / shutdown both with xend started and not running - all seems to
work as it should.

3) The xencommons initscript will probably be removed from the next
build. Rename or move this script elsewhere as at this stage the
required functionality has been built into xenstored.

Feedback is better off on the bug tracker if possible, but discussion is
welcome here.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au