[MLB-WIRELESS] Web Server shut down - 13th March 2021

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Sat Mar 13 13:03:26 AEDT 2021

Hi all,

After ~18 months of attempting to get someone to migrate the old
Melbourne Wireless VM to a new VM, I've resorted to shutting down the
old VM, therefore taking the site offline.

The old VM was still running on a RHEL6 compatible system, and hadn't
been touched for over 6 months after the EOL of 6.x

The SSL cert on the old system had also expired over a month ago with
no action.

There is a new VM running (and has been for months) which nobody has
logged into as yet. Tyson (who has also never logged in) is the
gatekeeper of accounts on that system.

I've copied across the DBs to the new system in .sql.gz format, and
copied everything in /home/melbwireless/ to the new server.

If at some point, people want to resurrect the site, the new VM shall
continue to run and just needs things setting up.

--
Steven Haigh

📧 netwiz at crc.id.au <mailto:netwiz at crc.id.au>
💻 https://www.crc.id.au <https://www.crc.id.au/>