[MLB-WIRELESS] Geelong Meeting

Todd Hubers todd.hubers at alivate.com.au
Mon Jan 19 17:02:56 AEDT 2015

Hi All,

Time for our second meeting, scheduled for Thursday the 22nd of Jan. Not
sure if Mike will be able to make it, I'll shout pizza if he's not.

Suggested discussion points:

   1. *Website *- Last time we talked about the website - good to see
   development continue on. It would be good to continue promoting the
   progress of this.
   2. *OurNet* - I have started engaging with academics to find research
   partners. I have contacted 8 so far, with 1 showing interest after they
   return from a trip to China. Again, this is a fairly open project, so the
   more people who want to help the better. Until then, I'll keep giving you
   updates in the hope that might stimulate interest.
   3. *ForestNet* - Not too much as progressed on this. A new member of the
   StartupCloud space, Zoom Aerial, will help me out a lot though. Warwick
   runs a drone business with Casa licensing. He recommends a blimp if it's to
   be tethered and can go up to 400ft above ground, and no license is required
   if it's not for commercial purposes.
   4. *Geelong City Nodes - *I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to
   pay for node installation. Perhaps we can standardise some costs? Maybe an
   hourly fee? Maybe running installations through an affiliated company? Also
   a carrier license is dirt cheap, Melbourne Wireless is an a good position
   where the NBN won't be coming to Geelong CBD for at least another 2 years,
   so many will be looking to wireless in the interim. Maybe a partnership
   with Geelong Community Telco?

See you there!