[MLB-WIRELESS] Geelong Meeting

Todd Hubers todd.hubers at alivate.com.au
Thu Nov 27 12:23:33 AEDT 2014

Hi All,

Just a reminder that our first (or restored) Geelong meeting for Melbourne
Wireless will be tonight. Mike will be shouting us Pizza and a prize.

I would like to talk to Geelong members about a few local projects I have
in mind. I hope to make a brief presentation about these:

   1. *OurNet *- I have presented this previously in Melbourne, but much
   has changed since then. I would like to present the current concept design
   and discuss if we can find University researchers to further this.
   2. *ForestNet *- A simple project to get internet deep into the Otways.
   I imagine using tree(s) at the top of a ridge which overlooks Lorne and a
   deep value. Installing a fixture once, which can be used on demand to hold
   the equipment. I would then invite people from Geelong/Melbourne to work
   from the forest. This is an enabler.
   3. *Geelong City Nodes* - There is limited HFC in Geelong. I am very
   interested in increasing the density of nodes in Geelong for myself and
   others. I know of a couple of businesses who already have their own ad hoc
   solution, and I'm sure there are many others. I am prepared to pay for
   installation of a node on my roof.

Thanks.