[MLB-WIRELESS] anyone alive out there?

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Thu Sep 5 11:17:52 EST 2013

On 05/09/13 11:01, Richard James Salts wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Sep 2013 10:50:55 Steven Haigh wrote:
>> On 05/09/13 10:44, Denis Cheong wrote:
>>> Us lurkers are just waiting for somebody to say something profound,
>>> that's all.
>>
>> How about: "Don't let Tony Abbott fuck up our broadband future on Saturday"
> Can I take option 3?
>
> Also I like Geoff Huston's opinion about the NBN:
> http://www.potaroo.net/ispcol/2013-04/wtf.html
>
> I think I'd do it differently than both proposals. Active network with ipv6 ULA
> to the end user. VPN for retail isp providing transit to people out of the
> network. We can do better than a layer 2 protocol.

To an extent, I agree. GPON is certainly not the best technical solution
- but its likely to be the best we'll ever be given a choice of.

Hell, if you were going to do it properly, it'll all be gigabit fibre
and ethernet. I doubt anyone would do that though.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: https://www.crc.id.au