[MLB-WIRELESS] World Wifi record

David Nuttall wireless at smithsgully.net
Mon Jan 2 19:56:20 EST 2012

Hi Peter,

Here's what Radio Mobile thinks of the path from Mt. Dandenong to Mt.
Buninyong.  The signal predicted is somewhat lower than what would be
expected using raw path loss, antenna gains, feeder loss, power etc.  I
used a clear spot with no trees and a sharp falloff on the East side of
Mt. Buninyong for one end of the link.  I used GHO as the other end only
because it's in my database, obviously we'll find another spot.

http://www.ratbaggy.net/wireless/GHO-Buninyong.PNG

Radio Mobile uses the Longley-Rice model to predict radio propagation
producing a median value.  It even takes into account how "carefully"
the link was sited and climate.  The figures predicted by this model
should be quite attainable in real world situations.

http://flattop.its.bldrdoc.gov/itm.html

Regards

Dave