No subject

Tue Jan 17 15:36:28 EST 2012

buildings ) set up an old low end pentium in the house with something like
IPCOP and plug in your Access Point into that machine.

You may have to run a small antenna at the " Shed " and this will work fine.

10 Mb Link

Low end Pentium            Free
IPCOP                           Free
10 Mb AP                      $ 90
10 Mb PCI card             $ 65  ( need to shop around )

100 Mb Link

Low end Pentium            Free
IPCOP                           Free
100 Mb AP                    $ 150
100 Mb PCI card           $ 130

There are many ways to do this, I think the Apple Airports do a similar
thing as well but from memory they are only 10 meg ?

With the IPCOP Solution you have a Decent firewall and can bring up and drop
the link from the computer in the shed via a Web interface as well...

Cheers,

Rob.