No subject

Tue Jan 17 15:36:28 EST 2012

(UNII-1), with 4 Channels upto 40mW and 5.25 to 5.35 (UNII-2), with 4
channels upto 200mW.

> 2) What is the allowed 5Ghz frequency range for outdoors?

5.47 to 5.8 (UNII-3), 11 channels upto 1W. Cisco will have a outdoor
bridge available Q1 2003.

There is also UNI-4 from memory, I think it's 200 mW in the range of
about 5.8 to 6 Ghz (roughly).

> 3) What is around the 802.11a frequency range?

As above for question 1.

> 4) What is the ACA regulation showing this? (Act & section number or
> URL would help)

Current devices fall under the Low Interference Potential Devices Class
Licence.

http://www.aca.gov.au/legal/licence/class/lipd.htm

> Please reply to the list, as I'm going to formulate my response
> based on everyone's input...

Feel free to credit me as a representative of the Australian Wireless
Association.

> Thanks in advance - hopefully we can get 802.11a approved for
> outdoors use! :)

I doubt it, there are solid reasons why it is not usable outdoors, based
around the fact that the lower 5Ghz range is used for C-Band Satellite
uplink frequencies.

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----