No subject

Tue Jan 17 15:36:28 EST 2012

for ethernet? Is this right? If its not all on the one cable, then I'd
prefer to use a different plug on the power lead to reduce the
possibility of catastrophic errors.

I'm thinking about doing a similar thing but want to mount a pc in a
weather proof container. I figure I'll just run a 4 core cable (got
some good stuff from work) to the PC, problem is that the Motherboard
connectors have 10ish pins on them. As far as I know the power supply
box puts out 12v and 5v. Is there a reason I couldn't run a 4 core to
the box and then hang a motherboard plug off the end? I've had a hunt
for the specs but can't find out what each pin carries for me to work
out if it's possible.

Questions are, is it possible and where can I get the power input specs
for say a Pentium 100 from.

Matt

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Freeman" <andy at kawasaki.kz>
Date: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 1:38 am
Subject: [MLB-WIRELESS] Power Over Ethernet in a 5 1/4 inch bay

> Hi All. the power over Ethernet "injector box" that I had at the last
> meeting has just changed shape.  I'm now using the PC's power
> supply to
> run the access point at the end of 30 meters of Cat5 cable.
>
> The PoE box has just become a 5.25 inch drive bay face plate.
> http://kawasaki.kz/wireless/PoE.htm
>

> Cheers,
>               Andy.

> -----
> wireless at kawasaki.kz
> http://kawasaki.kz/wireless
> -----

UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F

DISCLAIMER
This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.
immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views the University of
Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.