[MLB-WIRELESS] Antenna heights ... what's your practical experience like?

David Tomic david at tomic.com.au
Mon Oct 31 13:22:36 EST 2011

Hi guys,

So I'm new to this game, and I'm looking to setup a link between two houses
that are just shy of 2km LOS from each other.

I know I can find equipment that'll span this sort of distance without any
problems at all, but my main concern now how high I'll have to mount
everything in order to get a decent signal?!?

The terrain is close enough to dead flat, but given that both houses are
only single story, I'm not really sure exactly where I stand on this front?

Does anybody have any practical experience / advice / rules of thumb for
this sort of scenario?

Is there any particular equipment that I should be looking for [or looking
to avoid] with this setup?

I'd really appreciate any help / advice / suggestions you might be able to
give me ...

Thanks a lot,
--David