[MLB-WIRELESS] P2P Text/video/Audio chat?

David Coles coles.david at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 18:01:42 EST 2011

One interesting approach is using XMPP's Serverless Messaging
(http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0174.html) often called Bonjour or
Zeroconf chat (it uses mDNS to discover clients).

Works quite well on single broadcast subnets, though I don't know if
they're managed to combine the Jingle audio/video extensions with it
yet. Works out of the box with Pidgin and with iChat on Mac as well as a
number of other XMPP/Jabber clients.

Cheers,
David