[MLB-WIRELESS] World Wifi record

Ratbaggy ratbaggy at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 31 19:29:13 EST 2011

Hi Peter,

Yes, you are right about -88 being a bit low, that leaves very little
margin.

I'd propose this setup...

* +30 dBm transmit power (Routerboard RB711UA-2HnD) Did Mike say he was
interested in sponsoring?
(it's a dual chain radio, probably get +27 from a single port?)

* 24 dB gain grid antennas (Hills etc) I have several
or 2.4m dish - about 34 dB gain?

* 1 dB loss in cables/connectors at each end, radios mounted directly to
the antennas.

*  Use CH1, where transmit spectrum is all below 2450 MHz.  EIRP not a
problem.
13 Centimetre Amateur Band is 2300.000 MHz - 2450.000 MHz (I also have
an advanced license.)

* 155 Km (Donnabuang, but will need to check the clearance over trees
from the observation tower)

Which will give about -70 dBm with the grids and if we use the big
antenna at one end, maybe -60 dBm.

Here's what Radio Mobile thinks of the hop, a couple of dB lower than my
calcs.

Radio Mobile Plot <http://www.ratbaggy.net/wireless/long_hop.png>

I'm back at work on Tuesday which really only leaves the weekends open
for me.

Regards

Dave