[MLB-WIRELESS] network monitoring software??

Nigel Zeinert nigelz1 at gmail.com
Wed May 5 23:13:07 EST 2010

Hi Mark

I use cacti to monitor my network. http://www.cacti.net/index.php
It defaults to a ping every 5 minutes, but you can change this down to a
small interval. (beware! if the total time to pole you network is longer
than the interval time, things go bang! consider every host not replying. eg
ping fail with 2 shots will take 3 sec for each host so 100 host max) having
said that i have over a 1000 host on one box

I like http://www.backtrack-linux.org/ for a USB OS
INL in Idaho Falls recommend the software

Cheers

Nigel