[MLB-WIRELESS] network monitoring software??

Mark Aitken nodegxt at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 5 22:37:33 EST 2010

Hello,

I am looking for a suite of software, freeware, that willallow me to monitor a network grabhically.

Particularily a ping history that is saved on the fly should something happen to the network/pc that is running the software.

at the moment I am running "ping a.b.c.d -t >> file.txt" but it give me a timestamp of each
ping so as to see at what time the network is failing or is there is some frequency to its failure.

Also,  is there a USB OS that I could plug into tand boot from my laptop that would allow wireless capture of data to determine any issues happening on the wireless side of things.

The laptops are company laptops and stuffing around installing dual boot partitions is not allowed. If I could boot into a linux OS from USB and utilise the wifi card within the laptop to capture packets etc it would be of extreme usefulness.  Maybe there is a winXP equivalent applicant that I can install? Wifi card works with Netstumbler fine, its just not a good tool for anything except signal/snr/etc.

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Mark