[MLB-WIRELESS] Debugging 915mhz weather station?

emdeex emdeex at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 14:50:29 EST 2010

Thanks Neal, this WS1600IT I bought has a digital wind-vane and anemometer
and rain-gauge.  As well as the temperature, barometer.

The way the rain gauge works is interesting, in that its a box, inside is a
little see-saw with cups and magnets, the rain fills the cups, and the
see-sawing motion of the cups/magnets is detected by the sensor.  That way,
unlike a traditional rain-gauge it never needs emptying.

There is only one outside transmitter which is weather-resistant but should
be out of the direct rain/sun (under the eaves), the wind-vane/anemometer is
rated to 180km/h and can mount on the antenna-mast, the rain-gauge needs to
go on a flat surface, they both connect to the transmitter via RJ13 type
cables.