[MLB-WIRELESS] Debugging 915mhz weather station?

Mike Everest mw at freenet.net.au
Sun Mar 21 17:25:08 EST 2010

Hi Tom,

> I have one of these, though not tested yet.  The
> receiver is designed to be indoors, the transmitter is meant to be
> outdoors.

That may be so, but I suspect that it is quite probably a two-way link
between the 'transmitter' and 'receiver'.  I dare say that the wireless
system is built from off-the-shelf components, and so will be a two-way
link.  At the very least, the 'receiver' will be sending ack-responses for
the data received from the outdoor unit.

In which case, if the receive circuits of the outdoor unit are damaged by a
nearby lightning strike (for example) then it will still affect the
communication between the two devices.

Cheers!