[MLB-WIRELESS] Debugging 915mhz weather station?

emdeex emdeex at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 09:48:21 EST 2010

Hi All,

I just bought a wireless weather station at the sunday market, its a La
Crosse WS1600IT.  But of course, I can't get it to connect (probably why he
was selling it cheap!)  But where there is a will, there is a way I always
say!

Its uses a 915Mhz transmitter/receiver.  Following the correct startup
procedure, the receiver unit just flashes the "connecting" icon and does not
connect.

There are no lights, indicators on the transmitter, so my first guess would
be the transmitter is not working.  Is there a way I can detect if the
transmitter is transmitting?

Any other ideas about how to debug it?

I'll call the distributor on Monday and see if I can get a new/spare
transmitter.

regards,
Murray