[MLB-WIRELESS] Server Virtualisation - (was RE: possible vpn

glp71s at gmail.com glp71s at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 18:49:23 EST 2010

ESXi 4+ only works on 64 bit environments, for 32 bit environments you'll
need ESXi 3.5... Watch out for driver support too!

As for storage, keep in mind ESXi 4 (and I believe 3.5, correct me if I'm
wrong) can support iSCSI storage, so for lower end VMs that don't need high
speed access to disk, theres always the option of building another box for
dedicated storage using something such as Openfiler. At home I use ESXi on
a whitebox with a single Q6600 C2D cpu with an openfiler system as storage
for it, it happily runs about a dozen linux VMs and a few windows VMs at
times...