[MLB-WIRELESS] Server Q: Intel Atom 330's (Dual Core)

Victor dawormie at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 23:49:50 EST 2009

Thanks everyone for the replies so far.
At this stage will be sticking with a Intel Atom 330.

When it comes to an OS for the server, I know a little bit (read NOT a lot)
about linux, enough to get me through things... Should I look at setting up
CentOS on this or is that possibly a bit too "much" for a relative "youngin"
into the world of Linux per se.

I read somewhere that CentOS isn't for the light-hearted?

Other possible options is FreeBSD, Debian 4 or Ubuntu 8.x (I have FreeBSD
and Ubunutu 8.x download the other month as I was going to put them on an
old (now dead) desktop and trial, atm not doing that while I wait for some
hardware (*before you ask, I don't even have it now. PSU went ZAP and saw
some black marks along the mobo... trust me, it was OLD!*)