[MLB-WIRELESS] Mikrotik Products

mw at freenet.net.au mw at freenet.net.au
Sat May 9 12:37:22 EST 2009

Hi all,

After demonstration the Mikrotik devices and routerOS last night at the
meeting, lots of people asked where to get them from and how much they cost
etc etc.  So here is some additional info:

1. You can buy them online here:  http://shop.duxtel.com.au
2. There is a 10% discount on 1-off prices to MW financial members.
3. You can also buy routerOS licenses (on CF chip or license key file) -
email me direct for details.
4. There is a free version of RouterOS that you can download from the vendor
web site: http://www.mikrotik.com/download.html

The free version is fully functional, but has some limitations on the number
of simultaneous PPP sessions and does not support wireless interfaces.  It
works great as a border router though, and ideal for many firewall and
routing applications - since it works just fine even on an old 500MHz cpu,
this is a great way to get some use out of your old PC junk laying about!
;-)

For those of you interested in additional information about the RouterOS
software, there is a great brochure here:
http://www.mikrotik.com/pdf/what_is_routeros.pdf

Also, those guys who took home samples - I hope you get some use out of
them.  I would certainly be interested to hear any feedback that you might
have, as I'm sure others in this group would too.  If you have any questions
or need assistance in getting the most out of them, feel free to contact me
directly (or via this list)

Any questions - feel free to ask!

Cheers,

Mike Everest.